On February 21, 2012 the ProtectMarriage.com coalition, the official proponents of Proposition 8, petitioned the entire Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals to review the smaller panel’s February 7 decision in which they ruled 2-1 that California’s state amendment limiting marriage to one man and one woman was federally unconstitutional.
Catholic Household Blessing & Prayers
Families can use Catholic Household Blessings and Prayers to:
- Learn essential prayers that Catholics need to know by memory
- Practice the simple form of the Liturgy of the Hours
- Celebrate the feasts and seasons of the Church year in ritual and prayer
- Bless the advent wreath, Christmas crèche, and Easter foods
- Lead grace before and after meals
- Pray for family members
- Bless the home before a move and in times of trouble
Prayer Cards for Married Couples, Mothers, Fathers, Families
The prayer cards can be used to celebrate the institution of marriage-what the union means, and how coming together and working together promotes unity, strength, stability and helps sustain relationships. Prayer cards can be left in the Church vestibule, used for pre-nuptial and general marriage counseling, and stocked in bookstores.
Catholic Household Blessings
Measures Will Require Parental Notification and End the Use of the Death Penalty
Due to the convergence of two initiatives whose sponsors are seeking their placement on California’s November 2012 ballot, we Catholic bishops have been presented a unique teaching moment on life and family.