The Eucharist is central to the spiritual lives of Catholic. Attendance at Mass not only strengthens our soul but also provides us with an opportunity for Christian fellowship.
During the disruption caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, these resources will be helpful in maintaining our spiritual practices and coping with a difficult time.
We also need to find safe ways to reach out and interact with family and friends. Please do not be alone. Let family and friends know your needs or reach out to someone you think might be in need.
U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops - Bible and Daily Readings
On-Line Masses & Diocesan Spirituality Recommendations
Many dioceses have suspended Mass or dispensed with the obligation to attend. For a complete list of the situation in California dioceses click here. Some of the dioceses already stream or broadcast Mass on a daily or weekly basis. Feel free to check out any of these resources from California’s dioceses.
- Mass with Pope Francis
- Archdiocese of Los Angeles
Archdiocese of San Francisco
- Information for livestreams from Archdiocesan Cathedral and parishes is all accumulated at www.sfarch.org/livestreams.
- In addition to the livestream page:
- Diocese of Fresno
Diocese of Monterey
- Livestreaming Masses - https://www.dioceseofmonterey.org/
- Diocese or Oakland
Diocese of Orange
- Holy Week Schedule - https://www.rcbo.org/wp-content/uploads/email_a.jpg
- Sunday Mass livestreamed in English at 9:45 a.m.
- Daily Mass livestreamed at 8:15 a.m. on Monday through Saturday and on Sunday at 9 a.m.
Diocese of Sacramento
- Holy Week streaming and video schedule - https://www.scd.org/news/celebrate-holy-week-virtually-bishop-soto
- Livestream of Masses – https://www.scd.org/coronavirus/livestream-mass
- Worship Resources
- At-Home Resources for Families & Faith Formation
Diocese of San Bernardino
- Live Steam Holy Week - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkh70Ts7bDd2535qQpk2xs25Safh2Ez3_
- Lenten Resources
- Diocese of San Diego
- Holy Week and Easter - https://www.sdcatholicdisciples.net/holy-week-and-the-easter-season/
- COVID-19 Remote Learning Resources- https://www.sdcatholicdisciples.net/covid19resources/
- Preventative Measures for COVID-19 and other News Updates - https://www.sdcatholicdisciples.net/news/
- Parent Resources for COVID-19 - https://www.sdcatholic.org/office-for/family-life-and-spirituality/family-spirituality/
- In addition, daily, Sunday and Holy Week Masses are being offered live-streamed on our website and YouTube Channel:
Diocese of San Jose
Online Masses in parishes: https://www.dsj.org/vlog/live-stream-video-mass-list/
Diocesan Resource page during Shelter in Place: https://www.dsj.org/resources/
Youth Ministry: https://www.dsj.org/evangelization/youth/resources/
Life, Justice, Peace: https://www.dsj.org/evangelization/social-ministries/resources/
- Diocese of Santa Rosa
- Diocese of Stockton
- Bishop Robert Barron, Auxiliary Archdiocese of Los Angeles
- Loyola Press – Ignatian Spirituality
- Weekly Reflections for Lent – US Catholic
- Lent and Easter Reflections - Catholic Health Association of the United States